Summer is here and strawberries are in season! It’s the perfect time to make those light, summer desserts for those times you need a little something to satisfy those cravings. These parfaits use Greek yogurt and fresh strawberries for a sweet summertime treat. Better make extra as they are bound to go fast!
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 mins
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: gluten free, dessert, kid friendly
- 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- splash of water
- drizzle of honey
- extra yogurt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and fit two mini 1-cup jars into a baking dish. Fill the baking dish with water so the water comes up the sides of the jars about 1″. Set aside.
- In a mini food processor, combine the yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla, and cornstarch. Pulse until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the jars and bake for 23-26 minutes – the tops will appear set and may even start to turn very light brown.
- Cover the jars and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry topping in a small saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries with a splash of water.
- Cook over medium heat until they collapse and the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey to taste.
- Let the strawberry sauce cool, then divide it evenly on top of the cheesecake jars.
- Garnish with extra yogurt and more fresh strawberries.
This recipe is from the cookbook Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane