Summer grilling season is here! When the weather is nice outside, no one wants to be tied to a hot stove inside to or heat up the house by turning on the oven. Try this tasty sweet potato and chicken recipe that easily cooks in packets on your grill. Bonus: that means no pans to wash, either! This low-calorie, high protein meal is packed with Vitamin A, C and Folates for a healthy immune boost!
6 servings Ingredients
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 large), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 5 cups diced red bell peppers (about 2 small)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small lime, cut into 6 wedges
Prep 30 m
Ready In 50 m
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cut six 12-inch lengths of heavy-duty foil. Coat each piece with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, sweet potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin and oregano in large bowl; stir to coat thoroughly. Evenly divide the chicken mixture among the foil sheets (place on the side coated with cooking spray). Gather together the long ends of each foil piece, then fold up its open ends to form a packet.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred, turning halfway through, about 20 minutes total. Serve right away (be careful of steam when opening the packets), with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1⅓ cups
- Per serving: 241 calories; 3 g fat(1 g sat); 7 g fiber; 34 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 82 mcg folate; 55 mg cholesterol; 11 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 19,777 IU vitamin A; 166 mg vitamin C; 61 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 502 mg sodium; 949 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (396% daily value), Vitamin C (277% dv), Folate (20% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2½
- Exchanges: 2½ lean protein, 2 vegetable, 1 starch