- A non-impact system of exercise that focuses on the deep muscles of the abdomen and spine
- Strengthens and tightens the abdominal muscles while protecting your lower back, aiding in injury prevention and spinal health.
- Lengthens muscles as they are strengthened, resulting in long, lean STRONG but FLEXIBLE muscles without the bulk
- Improves alignment without gravity, thus balancing muscles and improving posture
- The fluid movements coupled with the breath are designed to reduce stress and tension, leaving you refreshed and not exhausted.
- The custom-designed workouts are safe, versatile and effective for all ages and fitness levels.
The Pilates Method, a system of exercises performed in the U.S. since the 1920’s, is named after its creator, Joseph Pilates, a boxer and gymnast who also studied yoga and martial arts. His exercises encompass over 500 controlled, precise movements performed on a floor mat or special apparatus, designed to lengthen, strengthen, and stretch muscle without adding bulk. The Pilates Method requires concentration and coordinated breathing – strengthening both the body and the mind. Even though the first to study Pilates was dance greats such as George Balanchine and Martha Graham, Pilates now can be seen in many different arenas. Now we have athletes from the San Francisco 49ers to the Cleveland Indians to professional hockey teams that are discovering and reaping the benefits.
Whether you're an elite athlete or a pure beginner, you can benefit. The secret is non-impact resistance, which eliminates stress on your joints, making Pilates safe, versatile, and effective for all ages and fitness levels.
Simultaneously strengthened and lengthened, your muscles become longer and leaner, acquiring optimal strength and flexibility. The result is a body that is upright, balanced, and agile, free of old tensions and ready to take on new endeavors